This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Before you call your GP, remember that there are other places you can turn to for help or treatment. Please see below for the most appropriate service to contact.

Pharmacist (self care)

  • coughs and colds
  • sore throat
  • indigestion
  • diarrhoea or constipation
  • aches and pains
  • help when you run out of your repeat medication


  • tooth pain
  • swelling to your mouth
  • painful or bleeding gums
  • injury to your mouth
  • advice on oral health


  • blurred vision
  • irritated eyes, sticky or red eye
  • sudden change in vision or visual disturbance

NHS 24  111

When your GP and local pharmacy are closed and you are too ill to wait for them to re-open, call 111.

Minor Injuries Unit

  • cuts and minor burns
  • sprains and strains
  • broken bones and fractures
  • falls

999 or A&E

  • suspected heart attack or stroke
  • breathing difficulties
  • severe bleeding


NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website