Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide essential services, that is, the basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following additional services:
- Well Woman Clinic run by GP.
- Smear Clinic run by practice nurse.
- Immunisation/Child Development Clinic run by GP and health visitor.
- Family Planning/Contraception see either GP or practice nurse.
- Maternity Services in conjunction with the community midwives.
- Asthma/Diabetes/Hypertension and COPD Clinics run by GP and practice nurse.
- Minor Surgery and Wart Clinic run by GP
- Travel Immunisation for adults. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details.
We also hold contracts with Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS for the following enhanced services:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietitian and podiatrist.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with stroke.